Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Site Troubles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mcginn

mcginn

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

I have a Web Site, it is www.gwtc.net/~mcginn. When I first got this web site; my computer was very slow to download it. I complained to ISP who sold me the site and they said it was likely my computer that was just slow because the site loaded fast on their computer. I sent the address of the web site to different people and they said that the site loads as fast as any other site they log onto. I decided I could live with the site loading slow from my computer as long as other people can load it fast. On this web site I have pictures of Pigeons that we raise and sell. After we sold some of the Pigeons; I tried to go to the site to remove the pictures of Pigeons that were no longer for sale. I use a login and a password to get into the site to change things. I got the message (Access Denied). I contacted the ISP that sold me the site (thinking I must of forgotten the login and password). They said that I had the right login and password and they could login from their computer and it must be my computer that isn't letting me login. They said they didn't know how to fix the problem and that is how I got to this point. My daughter has a laptop computer and I did get into the web site to remove the pictures; using my password and login, and the same phone line. My computer is a Dell " Demension" 4550, 56 K modem, and use dial-up for connection to the internet. I defrag my computer remove cookies, history and have spyware and antivirus. Any sugestions to what the problem may be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

Sometimes the fix is to just redo your password and user name. That happened to me once. Somehow the password get corrupted sometimes. With all those pics and you haveing dialup you know the site is going to take an inordinate of time to load.

#3 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

The weird thing is if I log into my site from another computer my web site loads fast and I can get into my web site to edit things from another computer but not from mine.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware <--- Take a look at that link

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

When I try to run the Run IPCONFIG/ALL, a black box comes up with nothing in it and then it disappears. What does that mean?

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

You need to run ipconfig /all from the command line rather than the Run box. Go to Start->Run and type cmd and press enter. In the command line box that appears, type the ipconfig /all command.

#7 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

Thank you, Amazing Andrew! I didn't see anything wrong there. I think I should start over and tell everyone what I need help with. I can get on the Internet, my computer logs on fast enough for a dial-up connection. That is not where I need help. The thing I need help with is: I have a Web Site, in order to edit the stuff that is on this web site, I have to use a login and password. The site dose not recognize my login and password from my computer, but if I use a different computer I get loged in. What would be wrong with my computer that would cause the web site to Deny Access from my computer???????

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

Do you have any security programs running (like ZoneAlarm) that may block or delete cookies? If so, try disabling them.

Also, you can try adding the login page to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer.

#9 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

I have etrust and can't see where it is blocking my login to the web site editor and have added the login page to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer. Still can't log in!

#10 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

THis sounds to me like an issue with the authentication timing out on you when logging in from your machine that is on dial up. This has happened to some of the users on my network. The authentication packet is not being received in a timely manner so it times out and gives you an access denied error.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#11 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

So how do I fix the Authentication Packet?

#12 mcginn

mcginn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

Finally found out why I couldn't log onto my Web Site Editor. I have three (3) Firewalls on my computer, and when I tried shutting down my Firewall I didn't shut down the right one. Seems that two (2) of them can be on but my etrust firewall has to be disabled to use a login and password for a secure Site. Hope this helps someone else so they don't have to spend a month of thier time and a bottle of headache medicine to figure it out.

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

You should only have one firewall running on your computer at any one time. Having more than one can cause conflicts that will actually leave you less protected than just having one.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users