Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Uninstall A Game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bugsnana

bugsnana

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:12 AM

Hope this is the right forum for this. I'm helping a nieghbor who's not online clean-up her pc. Ran into a problem when I tryed uninstalling Solitare Deluxe, it requests the original cd which she doesn't have.
Also did a search for an uninstall utility with no luck. Thanks much in advance, all help is greatly appreciated!

bugsnana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:14 AM

Click on Start> settings> Control Panel

Double click on Add/Remove Programs.

Then select the application you wish to uninstall.

This will work with any game, program, or application.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

I successfully did this before with XP and 2000 PCs without using windows CD.First go to control panel>add/remove programs>add/remove windows components.
From the Windows components
wizard you should see Accessories and utilities under components is checked.If this component is not visible then you have to edit sysoc.inf file.

if this is visible ,highlight this and , click on details button.Under subcomponents, games must be checked.Then,highlight games >click on details.Subcomponents of games should be displayed.From this,youll choose which games you want to uninstall by clearing the check box for each game.

#4 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

Solitare deluxe is not a windows component. This would be a standard application that is installed using a seperate CD that is purchased. Therfore your advice would not help.

There is another way to do it but it could be harmful to your computer. It would not reqcuire the CD but yould reqcuire you to edit the system registry so I would not advise it.

If some one else knows how to uninstall it without the CD then please help :thumbsup:.

-Steve

#5 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

thanks need_TOS I learned something new!

#6 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

No problem. I just did not want to get the person confused :thumbsup:

-Steve

#7 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

Do you know who made the game? I just did a google search for "Solitaire Deluxe". Got a lot of hits. Maybe a trial download is available that you can install over what you have now and then you might end up with an uninstall in add remove that will work. Or if you know the manufacturer, maybe you can find contact information on google and they can help you get rid of it without the cd.

Edited by mommabear, 11 April 2007 - 02:34 PM.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

Would uninstalling in safemode be any advantage?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

It may be that there is an uninstaller in the Game's folder on your hard drive. It would be worth a look.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

Try Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

With the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information.

You may want to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program if you experience installation (Setup) problems.

For example, you may have to remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information if you have installation problems when you try to add (or remove) a component of your program that was not included when you first installed your program.

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs. Caution is advised.

:thumbsup:

#11 bugsnana

bugsnana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

I first tryed the windows add/remove, no luck there. Window came up saying I needed the original cd. It was given to my neighbor totally without any hard copies of anything, and there's ALOT malware, spyware, you name it, it's on there. I've dowloaded and installed ant-v,anti-spy and such to clean it up. Can I use the Windows Cleanup Utility to uninstall the Solitaire Deluxe? She's not online, so I'm downloading here and installing there. Will try all of the suggestions and hope for the best. Thanks all for your help.

#12 bugsnana

bugsnana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

Thank you much all, problem solved. Got it cleaned up and running good. Your help is greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users