Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Another Wifi Problem.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Cirdan_*

Guest_Cirdan_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

Hello Bleeping Computers! - I wonder if you can help... Here at work (A beautiful school) we have a wireless network set up around two areas of the building, all the same domain, curriculum (learning) side, but;

In one area, my 'A-Block', there are two cabinets of 25 laptops that are used there, however, one set of computers (Acers) seems to drop the connection to the wireless network at random times - usually after around ten to fifteen minutes this begins, some computers don't lose connectivity, some do. - The other set of computers (Toshibas) work perfectly, although they use a PCMCIA WiFi card, not an internal one like in the Acers.

We use 3Com wireless senders and Acer Travelmate 2350 laptops, also to note is that another area of the school uses the same technologies and doesn't have the same problems of lost connectivity.

Does anyone know of any reasons that I might pursue to investigate this further as its got me stumped, and several teaching staff have voiced concerns that the system isn't quite as efficient as it could be...

O Mighty Sages of the Web, please help.

Cirdan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

Try to find firmware and driver updates. This should fix your problem.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users