Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gpu Compatibility?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ghead

ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

I don't know how to find out if my GPU is compatible with openGL 2.0 i tried looking up openGL's site and my GPU's site and cant figure it out
I have a nvidia geforce 6100 (yeah i know crappy card) but Id like to know if this card can work with OpenGL 2.0 or even 2.1 and if so how do i find things like this out on my own in the future
Also what exactly is OpenGL?
Thanks
Andrew

Edited by ghead, 10 April 2007 - 08:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

From Wikipedia:

OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is a standard specification defining a cross-language cross-platform API for writing applications that produce 3D computer graphics (and 2D computer graphics as well). The interface consists of over 250 different function calls which can be used to draw complex three-dimensional scenes from simple primitives. OpenGL was developed by Silicon Graphics Inc. (SGI) in 1992 and is popular in the video games industry where it competes with Direct3D on Microsoft Windows platforms. OpenGL is widely used in CAD, virtual reality, scientific visualization, information visualization, flight simulation and video game development.

http://www.opengl.org/

According to this link your card supports OpenGL 1.5.

You could try posting a question at the NVIDIA forum.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 ghead

ghead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the info and I'll try posting it at the nvidia section like you mentioned

#4 dogslikeus

dogslikeus

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:50 AM

according to this it's compatible with openGL 2.0, but wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users