Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply, Now Hard Drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stone2498

stone2498

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

I came home from vacation and plugged in my HP Desktop, tried to power it on, and nothing happened. I went through the online checks with HP support, and we determined that the power supply was bad. I bought a new one, upgraded to 500w, from CompUSA and paid the extra to have them install it. They just called me to tell me that they have the new one installed and it powers on but the hard drive won't work. They are telling me that I need a new Hard Drive. I told them not to install it. That I will pick it up as is. Is this out of the ordinary??? There were not any storms in the time before vacation, and I unplugged it before I left. The computer is always running and was working just fine before powering it down to unplug it. It all just seems very strange to me. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:12 AM

I've never heard of them both going at the same time like that, but I guess it's possible. Do you know how to change out the hard drive if you need to do that? When you get it home, turn it on and see what happens, see if the HDD shows up in the start up screen. If it does not show up, or start up,shut it off, open it up and make sure all the connections are good. Then let us know... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users