Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement Ink Won't Work In Epson R320?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barb124

barb124

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

I recently purchased an Epson R320 printer because my R220 finally died ... one reason I purchased this was because I could continue to use the replacement ink cartridges I had used on my r220. I had quite a few left and never had any problems with them, so I felt confident in continuing to use them.
The other night, I replaced one of the genuine Epson cartridges that came with the printer with one of the replacement ones ... the printer is telling me that it doesn't recognize the cartridge (the R220 also did this, but didn't prevent me from using it) and I can't get past that error message.
Is there something I need to do before I can get beyond it? There are tons of dealers who sell R320 replacement cartridges, so I can't believe that I can't use them ....
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks so much!
Barb

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 10 April 2007 - 05:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

If you're absolutely sure the cartridges will work in the new printer, then you may have an issue with your old printer drivers and your new printer drivers conflicting.

If your old printer isn't being used anymore on your computer, then you should make sure that you uninstall that printer drivers. You may even need to uninstall both printers and then just reinstall the new printer drivers.

Try and see if that helps. Either way, post back your results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users