Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"the Specified Print Monitor Is Down"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beege

beege

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

wow. ok so ive been workin on this for about 4 hours and ive been searching all over the web for help and ive found very little. so someone PLEASE HELP ME! im not the best when it comes to computers but i will explain my situation as clear as i can!
all of the sudden last week my printer stopped working. I had no clue why. so i tried to uninstall and then reinstall it. Then i got error messages saying "setup has deterined the spooler service is stopped. do you want spooler service started now?" i chose yes and then it responded with "RPC server is unavailable." so i did get those back up and working. thank god after hours of work. BUT..this is the tricky part for me to explain. I have a Lexmark 3100 series all in one center. and it does not come up under printers and faxes. Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. Which wont print out anything that i need off of microsoft works word processor. so then i tried to reinstall it a different way and i had to choose the type of printer it was. and there was Lexmark but not a 3100. THEN i got another message that says "The specified print monitor is unknown" and im so lost with how to fix that one. so i reallllly need someone to help me like step by step to fix this thing before i go crazy. i really need documents printed out by tomorrow afternoon. so PLEASE. someone help me. MUCH APPRECIATED!!
-BEEGE-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

Try going to the lexmark website and downloading the latest drivers for your printer. They usually come as a self-contained installer so you don't have to worry about picking the correct one out of a list.

EDIT: I was trying to locate a direct link for your driver, but there is no '3100' printer on the lexmark site. Is there a letter preceding the number?

Edited by twardnw, 10 April 2007 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users