Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To Internet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CullyCullen

CullyCullen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hi,

After clearing my computer of Trojans etc using the HijackThis Forum, my computer will now not connect to the internet. I was told to come and post in this forum..

I went into device manager and the following entries under Network adapter have a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark in it. When I click on the properties of one of them it tells me that it cannot load the driver as it may be corrupted or missing. I'm using an ADSL router, and the computer that I'm sending this from is using that same router, so the router is fine.. Any help would be really appreciated.

1394 Network Adapter
Direct Parallel
HP EN1207D - TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IP) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)

Cheers
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Go to this site and select one of the download mirrors....

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/HP_EN1...4-177424-1.html

Sounds like someone had you remove something you shouldn't have. Can you give the link to your HiJackThis thread?

#3 CullyCullen

CullyCullen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hey, those download mirrors send me here... http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.ht...Display=drivers

Do I type in "HP EN1207D" ?

I tried to find the one I need but have been unsuccessful thus far..

#4 blueseph

blueseph

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

I have the same exact problem. I removed aoltsmon.exe (AOL TopSpeed Monitor), and my drivers apparently failed.

Screenshot of problem
http://www.uploadit.org/my.php?image=http:...iversfailed.JPG

HJT file
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...27BFADF0DCBCF14

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:49 AM

Can the both of you role back to an earlier restore point where everyything was still ok??

@ Blueseph. Start Here to follow instructions. HJT logs will not be handled in this area and you should follow all the instructions if rolling back to an earlier restore point fails.

#6 blueseph

blueseph

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

I just added the HJT link because someone asked for one earlier. Sorry.

And my HP System Restore file were corrupted. :x

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Was your recovery partition corrupted or is the corruption in the windows system restore?

I have several possible solutions that I could recommend, We just need to know a litttle more info.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#8 blueseph

blueseph

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

I tried to use the HP System Restore option (when the computer boots), and it told me it was corrupted. I don't know if the actual partition is corrupted.

I've tried installing newer drivers, but it gives me the same error message (Error 39, I believe.)

Thanks for all your support :D

edit: I don't have a router, and for some reason, my kaspersky and zone alarm have either limited protection, or simply wont run (respectively).

Edited by blueseph, 19 April 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#9 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

Try this: click on the plus sign next to the network adapters in the device manager remove or delete all the WanMiniports, one by one, remove the direct parallel connection, remove the hp net adapter, remove the realtek adapter. Then restart the machine. when the machine restarts, xp should detect and install the correct net card drivers, that is if they are on the computer. Be sure that the net cable is disconnected. please reply back and let us know if this corrects the problem. if you still have the problem, please provide a new screenshot of the net adapters.

Edited by oldf@rt, 19 April 2007 - 06:15 PM.

#10 blueseph

blueseph

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

I tried to uninstall the WanMiniports, however, I was only able to uninstall the first one. I also uninstalled the Realtek adapter. I was unable to uninstall the others, because "They may be required to boot the computer."

#11 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Do you have a way to get hijack this onto this computer? If you do, please check the HJT forum, and post a log after following their instructions. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/.

none of those wan miniports should prevent you from booting the computer. You may have malware or a virus infection.

Once you post the log, please do not make any other changes to the computer unless the HijackThis team member tells you to.

#12 blueseph

blueseph

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Whoops!

Edited by blueseph, 19 April 2007 - 06:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users