Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Morte

Morte

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Here

is the problem. When I am playing a game like Counter Strike, World of Warcraft... or anything 3D like that my game will freeze up in the middle of it. Before I did what I did, I was getting nv4_disp with the BSOD. But I do not get that anymore, I just lock up in game.
I dont know why... My video card is nvidia geforce fx 5200

I have the latest Nvidia Drivers
I have the latest version of direct x installed...

It might be because the video card is overheating. I cleaned the dust out of my case and it still happens.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

Could be a heat issue. Try leaving your case opened (be careful), and see if it still has the problem or at least not as frequently.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Morte

Morte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

Still does it, I even took the guard off my fan.

#4 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:27 AM

Have you over clocked your system at all? If so, turn put the settings back to normal.

Another thing that was recommended to me, just to try and determine a problem, was to open the case and place a desk fan or similar over the computer.

Here is the thread (on a different forum) I made when I had the same problem as you:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/printthrea...636/type/thread
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

Try it with the case open and a fan blowing directly into the case (specifically on your gfx card). Don't play CS:S, try WoW instead. CS:S has enough problems of it's own... :thumbsup:

You can also try dropping down to the lower (lowest graphic settings) to see if that helps-->it'll make it easier for your graphics card to run the game(s). Also, disable any extra sound options that you don't need, like 3D, or surround sound, or something similar if applicable.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users