Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't Run, A Vista Or Laptop Prob, Or Disc Faulty?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hi, yah me = n00b

Anyway I bought Law & Order CD ROM today at my local shop (22 miles away!) but it won't work.

A window opens showing me 8 files, one of "recovered file fragments", 3 EDZ files, a BEH, A RUL and two unknown files.

My laptop is a Packard Bell SW running on Vista, I believe the system requirements are met but I'm not 100% certain on how to verify that.

Or could my disc just be faulty and will I have to try and get to a local shop to return it? (A GAME store, btw, which is tricky to return CD-ROMs. My bro exchanged his PS2 game for store credit and the game I bought was in a 3for 15 sale along with 2 of his on store credit...dunno if has receipt....hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Haha XD oh...dear...not my week... :thumbsup:
Crazyness comes to those who wait

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

:D woop nevermind, problem solved :D

I'm gonna put here my thanks for the site for guiding me thru a porblem with my home PC too :thumbsup:

#3 Turi

Turi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

...........now I feel really really stupid.

The 2nd disc that was hidden away just...doesn't do anything :thumbsup:

Oh dear...

GrrRRrrrr

and yes I did try all D:\ in "Run"

#4 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

Well, I'm not gonna lie, if your comp can run Vista, it should easily be able to run Law and Order. If I'm not mistaken, it's not that gfx intensive or demanding. I would assume that it's something with the disk, or your installing it incorrectly...probably not your OS...

#5 billthebutcher

billthebutcher

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:57 AM

Remove the game by going into Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Remove.

Then reinstall in the default directory. Then run the game. (Make sure you have the disk in)

If you get any errors, post back here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users