Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Install List

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 S31Ender

S31Ender

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hello.

I have a Vista Home Premium OS, I am the administrator profile, and have an issue I hope you guys can help me with.

In the programs and features listing it shows all the installed software right? In mine, I attempted to uninstall freelancer and it showed a warning

"Setup was unable to find(or could not read) the language specific setup resource dll, unable to continue. Please reboot and try again."

I rebooted and it still shows that. So I went to the install directory and attempted to use the uninstaller there. No dice.

Now something to consider, I have installed a mod to the game, which I understand might cause it to not uninstall. Unfortunately the mod does not have an uninstaller. So my problem is this, I can delete the folders and such. But freelancer will continue to show up in my Programs and Features list. It's very annoying. Is there any way (or any reliable software) out there to remove listings in the Programs and Features list when Vista is too stupid to realise the program isn't there anymore? lol.

Your suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

You might try:

Deleting all of the files in the Freelancer folders/directories.

Re-install the game without the mod.

Then try to uninstall the game.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users