Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Blocking My Shared Printer

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

I have a laptop that my assistant uses and I need him to be able to print remotely but after I set it up comodo will not allow the connection. I already set up the shared printer. I am running through a linksys router. Anyone know how I can get comodo to allow this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:22 PM

anyone?

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

Can anyone help me with this? I posted this in a way in 3 different threads still with no answer. Im not complaining and appreciate all the help. But it used to be that I always got help and now im getting none. Did I do something wrong to piss people off?

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

I'm not using the Comodo firewall, so I can't help.

But, are you saying that if you disable Comodo it works?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

Yes when I dissable Comodo it works.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/sup...&country=US

Have you tried the above link? They have a support forum and email support for their free products. Also that link has a downloadable user guide that states, "The Comodo Firewall Pro user guide covers every aspect of the configuration and usage of the software."

Edit: Yes cross posting your issue in multiple forums, will tend to irritate others who may not see your replies in other forums. Please stick to one forum for questions in the future. Also when you have an open HijackThis issue do not ask for help other than from the HJT tech assisting you, or you will confuse and compound your issue even more.

Edited by Animal, 11 April 2007 - 06:50 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

The hijack this issue I have I havent heard from Blender in ages. So I think she is done. Although I am convinced that someone is tapping into my computer because out of no where my computer will make a sound like someone else is signing in. I think it has something to do with this winzip.exe that comodo keeps asking me about. I dont know what to do about this and I have thousands of social security numbers on my computer. I will post this with Blender but she really isnt getting back to me. Thanks for that link I am gonna check it out.

#8 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:32 AM

Can someone please help me with this? I still cannot print when I have my coomodo running. This is costing me alot of time because my assistant has to email me any document that he needs printed. I really need help on this.

#9 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

I wish someone would help me with this. This site was great for hijack logs but I havent been able to get on this. Is there any sites that is better with this?

#10 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Just my opinion.

Dude, you have THOUSANDS of social security numbers on your computer, and you think that something may be wrong, and you are STILL using it?! You don't have the luxury of free help. You need to unplug that internet connection, NOW, and take it to a professional. If my SS number were on your PC, and something were to happen, I guarantee, you would see me in court. Good luck!

#11 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:46 AM

Thank you for your kind words sir. But you have no clue what your talking about. The fact of the matter is that blender secured my computer better than anyone I have ever paid off of the net. Please follow the instructions below that a wise man once told me. You will be doing the world a favor.

TAKE LONG WALK OF SHORT PIER.

#12 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:04 AM

Can someone please help me with this? I still cannot print when I have my coomodo running. This is costing me alot of time because my assistant has to email me any document that he needs printed. I really need help on this.

As a quick fix, I would suggest you delete Comodo and download and use one of the other recommended firewalls.

You've isolated the problem to Comodo's firewall, so why continue to be aggravated?

Worth a try.

Otherwise it would sound like a setting in Comodo, and I would think their support should show you how to change the various settings.

Edited by JohnWho, 27 April 2007 - 09:06 AM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#13 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

As a quick fix, I would suggest you delete Comodo and download and use one of the other recommended firewalls.

You've isolated the problem to Comodo's firewall, so why continue to be aggravated?

Worth a try.

Otherwise it would sound like a setting in Comodo, and I would think their support should show you how to change the various settings.

I really do like comodo except that it blocks this and my active sync. I am just not computer savy enough to understand the instructions.

#14 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi there chugg,

It doesn't matter how frustrated you are, please don't flame at our members.

TAKE LONG WALK OF SHORT PIER.

How about trying another Firewall like ZoneAlarm Free?
Download it, then uninstall Comodo and then install ZoneAlarm.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#15 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Sorry about that. In my eyes he flamed me first by telling me he would see me in court. I should have been the bigger man though. I will try this suggestion. Blender set my computer up so nice and I just didnt want to redo what she did thats all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users