sygate presonal free
is what I use. The site has a tremedous variety of products for sale.
If you are a home user, this one and only package is available for free.
No updates required. Read system requirements first, then select "download now".
I usually post this as part of the recommendations given when a PC is clean after we use hijackThis! to eliminate malware.
Thought you might benefit, fie
3. Use a Firewall
, but use only one. If you install your own, disable the built-in winXP firewall.
- Excellent free programs available include:
- (others are also available)
- Choose one (if you do not already use a firewall). Keep your Firewall up & monitor it's configurations
- Fully understanding it's operation may require some thought & a little practice,
- but it helps greatly to have it installed and functioning.
and these also. Links to downloads are underlined.
5. Use Spybot S&D
- Install and use this program with its TeaTimer option.
- Note: This feature is similar, but not quite the same as spywareGuard by Javacool
- This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection.
- You should also scan your computer with this program on a regular basis, just as you would an antivirus software.
- Check for updates when you do.
- Advanced Mode with Tools & Settings offer many options. You may explore them using the helps built it in.
- A tutorial is also available here.
7. Use SpywareBlaster
- Install and use this program
- Adding a large list of sites/programs into your Browser settings, it protects you
- from running or downloading known malicious programs.
- You may customize it if required to accomodate your individual needs,
- and updates are also frequently issued with new definitions added
- Make it a habit to run and update on a regular basis.
7. Use Ad-Aware
Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your ComputerUsing Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your ComputerUsing SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware, Hijackers, and Malware
- Install, configure and use this program with the others.
- It is very well thought of in it's effectiveness, it complements the actions of the others.
- It provides for additional plug-in specialty tools as well as an upgrade if you choose them.
- Updates are frequent, so I suggest that you do both that and run the program regularly.
Of course these are mentioned in the tutorial Jason
provided a link to. 60 more are there also.
Also, I've cleared the history, but we still have some old google "searches" that still autocomplete and I can't get them to clear. Any ideas?
Yes, the exact procedure was posted on this site.
About a month & a half ago.
I'm still looking for it.
Edited by phawgg, 12 January 2005 - 01:13 AM.