Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help. My Pc Always Restart

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 taenamo

taenamo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:31 AM

guys,sometimes when i open my pc after the window loading.... my pc automatically restart.

and another problem is sometimes when i open the pc ther a TOT sounds and my monitor shut down

i open my probe2 in ASUS, but failure in launching

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:41 AM

Check the Event Viewer for any error messages.

How To Use Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

Download and use Everest 1.51. It will acquire infomation from te computer's sensors.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,485 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

Disable Automatic Rebooting:
1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties > Advanced tab.
2. Under "Startup and Recovery" click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure".
3. Make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked.
4. Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.

Doing this won't cure your problem but instead of instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with information displayed that will allow you to better trace your problem. See "Extract troubleshooting info from Windows XP BSOD error messages" and How to Find BSOD Error Messages.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

i try the event viewer but i dont know how to troubleshoot the prob..is there problem wid my video card?? cuz of the TOOT TOOT sounds when i open my pc and sometimes my monitor dont work..

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

If there are any error messages in the Event Viewer post them back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,485 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:43 AM

is there problem wid my video card?? cuz of the TOOT TOOT sounds

Not sure what you mean by TOOT TOOT sounds. Are you sure your not referring to beeping noises?

Beeping noises after startup are usually a sign of hardware related issues or an indication of high temperatures. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Open your machine and make sure the fans are working and the heat sink on the processor is not blocked with dust or debris. Remove the CPU's cooling unit and clean the fins on the heat sink that sits under the CPU with a can of compressed air. Dust restricts the airflow and prevents proper cooling. You can also remove the cards, RAM modules, clean the contacts and reseat them. Check your connections and fans to make sure they are working properly and monitor the temperature.

When a computer is first turned on or rebooted, its BIOS performs a power-on self test (POST) to test the system's hardware. The BIOS checks to make sure that all of the system's hardware components are working properly and that it meets the necessary system requirements before booting up. If BIOS detects an error and fails the POST, the computer returns a pattern of beeps indicating what is causing the problem.

Beep codes can be in several different patterns, depending on the BIOS that you are using. Some BIOSes use simple beep codes in a pattern of varying numbers of short beeps, while others may mix short and long beeps. The exact meaning of the beep codes depends on the type and version of BIOS that you have. The three most popular types of BIOS are those made by Award, American Megatrends (AMI) and Phoenix.

In order to interpret the beep code pattern you are receiving you need to know exactly what version of BIOS your computer has. The easiest way to do this is to download and install the Belarc Advisor from here. After installed, run the Advisor and it will produce a report with the version of BIOS on your computer. Then you can look up the appropriate codes for the manufacturer at BIOS Central or computerhope.com

#8 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

yeah i was reffering to the beeping sounds...when it beeps my monitor down.i usually plug out and in the monitor to the cpu to trubleshoot it.

#9 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

and ask:

safe mode
safe mode network
safe mode compromt
ur latest working confi
start windows normally

which will i choose??? i usually chose the 4th one

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,485 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

As I said, the beeping noises are a sign of problems. You need to investigate them as I have indicated to determine the exact issue your dealing with. You can start normally to access the links I provided and go from there.

#11 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:51 AM

hello.... sorry it take weeks me to reply hir....

"AMI BIOS BEEP CODES

Below are the AMI BIOS Beep codes that can occur. However, because of the wide variety of different computer manufacturers with this BIOS, the beep codes may vary.

Beep Code Descriptions
1 short DRAM refresh failure
2 short Parity circuit failure
3 short Base 64K RAM failure
4 short System timer failure
5 short Process failure
6 short Keyboard controller Gate A20 error
7 short Virtual mode exception error
8 short Display memory Read/Write test failure
9 short ROM BIOS checksum failure
10 short CMOS shutdown Read/Write error
11 short Cache Memory error
1 long, 3 short Conventional/Extended memory failure
1 long, 8 short Display/Retrace test failed "

the beep was referred to bold lines.... what does it means?? what should i do????

whats Conventional/Extended memory failure ????

Edited by taenamo, 26 April 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

You have one or all of your memory going bad. You can try to take the modules out and reseating them and see what happens. If you have more than one stick. remove one at a time to determine which one is bad. You didn't just install new memory and got the wrong kind, by chance?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

Use this free tool to test your memory: http://www.memtest86.com/

Follow the directions exactly to burn an ISO to a CD on another computer - then boot your computer from the disk.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

i have only 1 stick 512.but i dont know how to pull it out to the motherboard.....

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Run the test that I suggested - it'll tell you if the stick is bad. Then we can discuss removing it (if necessary).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users