Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Problem.. Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chanelized

chanelized

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

Hope this is the right section to post my concern.. hope someone can help..

I have a HP nx6120 laptop which would not turn on since last week and I took it in for repair at HP service centre. I have no idea why or how it happened.. I turned the laptop on that morning and used it for a bit before going into shower and when I came out, it was already off. It was totally dead & did not respond to the power button at all. Tried taking the battery out and all that... didn't work. I thought it could be a problem with the motherboard. Today I got a call from HP and they are saying that the problem is with the panel display and they will need to replace that (it will cost me $686.40 Australian dollars in total yikes) I'm not a computer savvy person but does this make sense? If the problem is with the monitor, wouldn't the laptop still turn on but maybe just nothing will show? I'm just worried about getting ripped off or maybe they got the results mixed up with someone else's?

Any inputs will be appreciated... thank you so much :thumbsup:

Edited by chanelized, 10 April 2007 - 06:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

HP repair centers are generally pretty reliable - but as with any other service, mistakes are made. The point is that they have access to tools that the rest of us don't have.

The monitor could, conceivably, prevent the system from starting - but most that I've seen at work will have some indication that the system is running (although I did see one about a month ago that was similar to yours and was fixed by replacing the LCD).

I'd make sure that they offer you some sort of warranty on the part - beyond that there's not much that you can do.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:20 AM

Its not worth the money to get it done through them, if you do not have a warranty to cover it. I would advise shopping around for a better repair price once you know the EXACT problem.

Personally though, I would scrap it for parts and buy a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users