Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica32

Jessica32

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:08 AM

Hi,

I have a Compaq laptop that I am trying to connect a mulitmedia keyboard to. The only problem is that the driver is on a floppy and I don't have a floppy thing on my laptop.

Computer keeps saying that the USB device is unknown and won't let me connect the new keyboard,

Any ideas? What do I do?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

If you go to the website of the maker of the keyboard maybe you can download the driver from there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Jessica32

Jessica32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

It's a no name brand brought from local computer shop with not much info on box! Any other suggestions?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:16 AM

Go back to the shop and ask them nicely to copy the driver to a CD or flash drive for you.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Jessica32

Jessica32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:19 AM

Was thinking might have to do that! Big pain in the a** though but anyway thanks for your help

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

Sorry I don't have any better suggestion. Do you have access to any other computers that have a floppy drive - say a friend's computer or an internet cafe?

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Jessica32

Jessica32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:26 AM

Na just me. I'll go to the shop tomorrow. Amazing that they still use floppy discs!

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:00 AM

I bought a USB floppy drive for just such occasions. It mostly sits gathering dust - but when I need it, nothing else will do!

FWIW - just bought floppy drives from NewEgg for about $6 (US) and cables for about $3. That's cheaper than the USB floppy drive!

Edited by usasma, 10 April 2007 - 07:01 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users