Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarm Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 al123

al123

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

i am a complete computer novice. i have been having some problems with the computer and the maufacturer told me that maybe i should reconfigure my zone alarm free software, i can't work out how to do this.[i also have norton anti virus and addaware installed]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

What problems have you been having?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 al123

al123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:29 AM

the computer won't switch off through the normal start ,swich off manner and my internet connection seems to switch off by itself if left unattended

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:32 AM

the computer won't switch off through the normal start ,swich off manner and my internet connection seems to switch off by itself if left unattended

That doesn't sound like a problem caused by Zone Alarm.... it sounds like spyware.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

This may help your switching off problem:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Power Options.
3. Click the APM tab.
4. Check to select the Enable Advanced Power Management Support check box, and then click OK.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 al123

al123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

thanks but i couldn't find Power Options under Performance and Maintenance :thumbsup:

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:57 AM

Power Options may also be found under the Control Panel (no Performance and Maintenance) depending on your settings and version of Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users