Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pls Help Sumone:(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sacdog

sacdog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

Hows it goin i got a problem from one of dees suspicious sites.
Its called Smitfraud and a few other lil things mainly cookies.
I don the smitfraud fix twice and i still have it.
Can sumone pls email me an answer or alink or sumfin.

Pls help its real real annoyin ay.
But uhh any help pls.

//Mod edit to remove email address to protect from spamming

Edited by KoanYorel, 10 April 2007 - 06:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

Welcome sacdog

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have your tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

What is alerting you to a smitfraud infection? Did you follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix in BC's "How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jinxed1

jinxed1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

quietman7, ahhhh that is the problem, I have two profiles set-up on that laptop, when working in the system I only allow "administrator" to make changes, boot in safe mode, etc. That is probably why I do not see that exe in Safe Mode. I'll move it to a folder on the hard drive.

Thanks!

#4 jinxed1

jinxed1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

I am running Windows XP Prof. My anti-virus is Symantec, ran LiveUpdate when I rec. the laptop back and updated the .dat files. Yes, performed anti-spyware scans on it twice, downloaded and installed, ran SpyBot Search and Destroy and found spyware. Did not try running scans in Safe Mode. Will do that.

Not showing any smiftraud infection, I have SpyLocked and SpywareLock in the system and unable to remove the System Alert in the lower right hand System Tray that keeps blinking telling me my anti spyware is out of date, it wants me to click on it and then it will take me to SpyLock.com and wants me to download which I will not do.

My problem is running the smitfraudFix.exe in Safe Mode, I am trying to do the Manual Removal Method per the instructions I've printed.

I will first run the scans in Safe Mode, next I will move the exe file where I can find it.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

jinxed1

You are posting in the wrong thread. The one you started is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88132/smitfraudfixexe/
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users