Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Please Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 H.k

H.k

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

Hey guys i need help with my pc some how i cant hear any sound or music on my pc. When i go to control panel and sound devices its all grey and wont let me click on anything. Also my nvida sound driver isnt at the bottom toolbar my the clock. it happend yesterday night my pc did a disk clean and the drivers wernt there so then i couldnt hear any sound

please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

Open Device Manager and look for yellow exclamation points by the audio section. Might have to uninstall then reinstall the drivers. Is this onboard or a loose card?
Mark

Nvidia download page
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

See this also.

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

Do you have Windows Update to download automatically? There was an update recently that screwed up some sound drivers. M$ just released a patch for it on Tuesday
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Joe G1

Joe G1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

Found this thread on a search.

I also have no sound. I've checked drivers, good. services, windows audio, started. Device manager, good. Power, to speakers, good. Speakers, good. Volume(s) up. No sound, WMP is playing the file, RealAudio plays files, just no sound.

Running firewall, spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor W/anti virus, Panda Active Scan w/ Anti Virus, will check with bit defender to see if it can find anything. Have run CCleaner, and ATF Cleaner.

Will check with M$ for the update. The usual suspects don't seem fix my sound problem.

#6 Joe G1

Joe G1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

Checked with M$, I am running auto updates and I have all of the latest updates as of today (30 April 2007).

I didn't make this clear, but I am not running two anti virus programs at the same time, I shut off PC Spyware Doctor w/ antivirus, then go on line to run Panda anti virus (it's a webbased program), so I've scanned with Spybot- nothing found, Panda - nothing found. Currently running a full scan with Spyware doc.

Well, if anybody has any tricks up their sleeves to remedy my machine, I'd like to try them. This happend once before a few months back, when I had that miserable Norton anti virus. I found a site that suggested going into the service manager and making sure that the Windows Audio was started, when I checked there it was'nt so I started it and it fixed my sound problem. Now that solution won't work as my machine shows the Windows Audio was started, I restared just in case, and still nothing.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Onboard or soundcard? Have a make and model#?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

Whoa!

I'm confused -

is Joe G1 and H. k. the same person,

or do we have two separate, but similar, problems?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

Whoa!

I'm confused -

is Joe G1 and H. k. the same person,

or do we have two separate, but similar, problems?

That is what I'm assuming
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#10 Joe G1

Joe G1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

Fixed.

Not the same as H.k. I just had a similar problem.

Don't know what I did, just ran every bit of anti-virus, cleaners and registry repairers I could, then restarted XP, and VIOLA! sound. Weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users