Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bloodhound.mbr

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Camilo Zamora

Camilo Zamora

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Good Morning.
I have one virus named by NAV bloodhound.MBR.... that virus make imposible to connect my PC on internet; I was reading all information about this virus in the web, and i was trying to resolve it but its was imposible!!! I download ad-ware, AVG, oxspy... and spybot scan and deestroy... the main problem is that i can not connect to internet, and every sowtware request to me one UPDATES!!!! So... i think that i have a BIG problem... some body know something about this virus?
Thanks in advance
Camilo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hello Camilo Zamora and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Norton's bloodhound is a term used by its heuristic scanning technology. It is not a virus but simply something that Norton does not understand. Depending on the heuristic setting in the program, the higher the setting the more warnings it will produce.

Try setting the heuristic settings to their defaults by doing the following:Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV). If NAV is part of Norton Internet Security (NIS) or Norton SystemWorks (NSW), then start NIS or NSW.
Click Options. If you see a submenu, then click Norton AntiVirus.
Click Auto-Protect. (Double-click it if using NAV 2001).
Click Bloodhound.
Do one of the following, depending on your version of NAV:
NAV 2002/2003/2004: Click "Default level of protection (recommended)."
NAV 2001: Move the slider to "Default level of protection (recommended)."
Click OK
Repeat steps 3-6 for Manual Scanner. (At step 3 substitute Manual Scanner for Auto-Protect.)
Close NAV
The connection issue is probably not related to the Norton warning. We would need a scan of the system to see if it might be related to malware. It could easily be related to a configuration issue or an issue with the internet provider. Let's see try and get a system scan and see if it finds anything.

If the system cannot connect to the internet then download the following program to a pc that can connect and copy it to a floppy disk or CD and then take it to the machine in question, copy it to the Desktop and then follow the directions to run it.

Download WinPFind3u.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users