Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On Again Off Again Network Troubles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pussum

pussum

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

Hey all, quick question for you. The network we have at work has been acting screwy all day. There are three people in my office room and I have a constant connection while they are on and off again. It seems that when one can get on, the other is knocked off and vice versa. No one else on the network is having problems except for those two people. We installed a new router and still, the problem remains. What could the issue be? Tangled cords? Wrong information in their computers? I am not sure. I am not very knowledgeable about network issues so any kind of guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure what more information is needed but if you need more information just ask and I will do my best to get it for you.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

it sounds like they might have been given the same IP address by the router/dhcp server. If you have not yet, power-cycle the router and the computers.

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

Also, go to your Command prompt screen and type in:

ipconfig /all

for every computer that has this issue. Every computer that you do this on should have a different ip address.

#4 pussum

pussum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I have about 35 computers I need to do this to so let me get cracking and I'll post my findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users