Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help.....inetget2 & Other Malware/spyware Etc Etc Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Renee1979

Renee1979

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

:thumbsup: :flowers: PLEASE HELP :huh: :huh:

Hi,

My name is Renee and I am having major problems with my pc at the moment. I am constantly getting popups on my screen. I have noticed a file called Inetget2 (and other suspicious ones) in my Program Files. I have attached my HijackThis log for you to have a look at.

Thank you in advanced.

Renee

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:35 AM

Hello,

Please do not attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

Perform next steps in the right order..

* Go to start > control panel > Display properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop... > Web tab
Select everything you find in there (except for "My current home page") and press the delete button on the right.
Hit ok below > apply in previous window.

* Download Brute Force Uninstaller.
Unzip it to a folder of itís own (c:\BFU).
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.html
Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe

Next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window you'll see a little icon as shown in next picture: Posted Image
When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: 'Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute'
In the field, copy and paste next URL:

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu

Click Ok.
Then click execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Extra note:
If nothing happens after pressing the Execute button, this means that the script didn't download. In that case, download the script
( alcanshorty.bfu ) manually from above url ( rightclick on it and choose 'save as' and save it in your BFU-folder). Then start BFU.exe again and click the browse button next to the 'scriptfile to execute'-window
Browse to the script you downloaded and Click Ok and Execute in Brute Force Uninstaller.

Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program

* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8BD6820-6ED7-423E-9558-2D1486B0FEEA} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: 0 - {57ED9AB5-18EE-43E7-2AB9-8EC13D9A2439} - C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\lavupaho.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C8EEA1CC-FF72-4520-B755-E9B51389832E} - C:\Program Files\Online Services\hokevo.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [outlook] C:\Program Files\outlook\outlook.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/f...tup1.0.0.15.cab

* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.
Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!

Please download, install, and update AVG Anti-Spyware
  • Load AVG Anti-Spyware and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
  • Then click on the Scanner tab at the top. Click the "Settings" tab and then change the recommended action to Quarantine and click Automatically generate report after every scan. Click back to the "Scan" tab and then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run, so be prepared.
  • AVG Anti-Spyware will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button. AVG Anti-Spyware will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
  • Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).
  • Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot!!
* Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combofix.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it should open a log, combofix.txt.
Post this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog and the log from AVG Antispyware.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users