Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating Web Site From Scratch

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

hey guys i am intrested in making my own website does anyone know were i can find a step by step guide iam a bit of a novice but think i could do it as i learn rather quickly.any advice no matter how small would be
greatly appreciated thanks in advance :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

There are trillions of FREE tutorial websites online that teach HTML development. Do a search on

HTML tutorials, and bookmark all of them.

And if you're going to learn HTML and learn it from scratch, use this FREE HTML Editor:
HTML-Kit
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

It's just like Firefox. It has at least a few hundred add ons that will enable you to customize the HTML-Kit, just the way you can learn easily.

#3 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

:flowers: thanks for your reply walkman will look it to those links thanks again
mz30 :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

Here are a couple of good HTML sites for beginners:

Davesite
HTML Goodies
Introduction to HTML
PageTutor
Writing HTML
HTML Basics
w3schools

A couple of extras you'll find helpful:

ALT Codes
Color Scheme Generator
Complete HTML True Color Chart
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

:flowers: thanks tg much appreciated :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Thanks tg1911....

and all the rest of you BleepingComputer members that help me out with some links and posts. I really appreciate it.

You all are just too cool.

There is nothing wrong with a helping hand. Sometimes I'm not right in front of the links, but I know they exist.

BleepingComputer is just too cool! :thumbsup:

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

You're welcome mz30, and Walkman.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Also, http://www.webxpertz.net/forums/ is filled with professional and novice webmasters all helping each othermarkup their hypertext and get a little java in their script.

#9 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

i have had alook through the links everyone has posted and well lets just say my signature has never applied more :trumpet:
but i suppose i have to start somewhere and its probably not as diffucult as it looks :flowers:
i mean how hard can it be to have a buisness name a couple of pictures of jobs i've done and a contact address and telephone number,anyhow back to pulling my hair out whts left after reading those links anyway
i,d show you pictures of bald spots but thats a bit of a stretch for me aswell :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

You'll find HTML to be similar to BBCode, just different types of tags, and more of them.
It shouldn't take you too long, to get the hang of it. :thumbsup:
Good luck.

#11 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

just found program on my home page that gives you all sorts of templates and you add what you want to it
i knocked up a smallwebpage in about 5 minutes thats the way to go for me :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#12 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

How about a URL? Come on, what's the point of having a webpage if you don't shamelessly promote it everywhere.

Speaking of which, visit redactedDo it now! :thumbsup:

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 23 April 2007 - 04:10 PM.

#13 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

:thumbsup: been to your site many times andrew as for my site i'm not good enough with html code to start
messing about on something that could take me 12 months to do (total newbie anything i have learnt has pretty much come from this site)so when i see something i can do in a day and something that may take a year then the former wins as i have no patience by the way top website you shamelessly promote by the way :flowers:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#14 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

Umm.. because we automatically ban those that think BC is here to shamelessly promote their own web sites? The only time it is allowed is when someone is asking for comments. So, which was your case?

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

Umm.. because we automatically ban those that think BC is here to shamelessly promote their own web sites? The only time it is allowed is when someone is asking for comments. So, which was your case?

Point taken (note previous post is edited) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users