Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lycos Sidebar Icky Thing.........

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wickdcurvs

wickdcurvs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

Hi guys....Me again,

Things were going well until I popped in an older zip disk that must have had some nastyness on it...

At first, Norton found LycosSidebar, thought it fixed it, and now doesn't find it again....BUT....ParetoXoftSpy found like 11 copies of it, fixed all but one, now the one it still finds it can't fix. Xoft calls it a Registry Value....

Adaware thought it fixed it, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO........Same with Spybot...There always seems to be one listing that they come up that they think they fix, but that one listing still re-appears.

I ran HijackThis, but have no idea what the output means, so I chickened out of deleting anything there.

My sister says I should re-run some of the anti-virus/spyware programs, but in SAFE MODE (whatever that is)......PLUS I made regedit search for Lycos, it "looks like" (consider the source) that there's just an empty folder, titled Lycos, under some Software file.....

HELP.................Is this Bad?.................It's not good, right?..............:thumbsup: ... :flowers:
Kaara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:34 AM

start with checking for malware causes to your problem.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in "SAFE MODE". Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/]SuperAintiSpyware

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html]Bitdefender

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users