Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indolence

indolence

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

I have an HP dv6000t laptop, XP, the sound card is Conexant HD Audio.

For the dv6000t model, the audio jacks (there are two, for two headphones) are at the front of the laptop, below the touchpad facing you.

I tried connecting a DELL sound system that i got default with my dell desktop years ago. It comes with a subwoofer that connects (black plug and green plug) to the two audio jacks and you connect two speakers to the subwoofer.

When I plugged in the green plug from the subwoofer to the right audio jack, there was a popping sound. I quickly pulled the wire and from there, no audio would play from my laptop's speakers.

I can only play sound through headphones, and through the subwoofer to the speakers.

I looked at the device manager, checked the "sound, video, and game controls" and it said everything was working properly, updated, and there were no red X's or exlamation points.

My laptop speakers can't play system sounds, or any music.

When I open the "Volume Control" window, click on advanced, under Tone Controls, there Bass and Treble are greyed out and I cant slide the bar left or right. I used to be able to.

Please help. Thanks in advance. I'll try to make some screen shots asap.

i made ms paint diagrams and uploaded to imagebeaver

i made the above images using ms paint and google images. this is my first time using imagebeaver but hopefully its uploaded correctly.

Edited by indolence, 08 April 2007 - 08:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 indolence

indolence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

so i can only hear from an external sound system, like speakers of headphones.. any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users