Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Sure If Your Comp Will Run It?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

Don't you just hate buying a game to find out it won't run on your computer? Well, I own a Dell laptop and I'm never sure with the high end games and hate risking if it'll work or not with an expensive game...I found this tool (not sure if already posted before) that you choose a game and it'll scan your comp to see if it'll be able to run it. It's accurate for the most part, and has a lot of games listed on there.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

I've been using that site for about a year now. I was going to post that link too. It's very effective in knowing if a game will run on your computer or not. However, there is a game or more that I do run on one of my computers that it said wouldn't run. No big deal though.

The only thing I wish they would do (I wrote to them asking them to maybe implement it) and that is to have the database setup so that when it scans your computer, it'll display all the games they have listed in green if your computer can run it, instead of clicking on one game at a time, and scanning that way. Just one scan, and the results from all would be displayed at one time, just the name in green, in a row for each game.

Other than that, it's a good site and should definitely be used by everyone that plays games on their computers.

#3 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I definitely agree with ya there. That would be awesome to have it show up that way, it's kind of lame having to select 1 game at a time...but oh well, better then nothing right?

Meh, it's a tool to roughly gauge if it can run it or not. I have some games running that says that it shouldn't be able to, but people can always change the preferences and whatnot and display options etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users