Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Os Gone Goofy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 verner v

verner v

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

First post so hope this the right spot. I had a virus, got rid of it, but OS system has been changed.
I cannot right click to copy and paste or save to.
I cannot open Internet Options.
I do not have any tool bars when I open a new window other than MSN or my documents.
Is this XP or IE7 ?
Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

It sounds like you still have remnants of that virus still on your computer. You will need to run a few more scans, and more than likely, the problem is that you need your registry cleaned out... that's where the virus remnants are probably at right now.

You'll need to run all virus, malware, trojan scan softwares you have, and maybe a few others, to be really sure of your scans.

If you still have problems, after your scans, you may need to post a HijackThis log to the forum.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

It sounds like you still have remnants of that virus still on your computer. You will need to run a few more scans, and more than likely, the problem is that you need your registry cleaned out... that's where the virus remnants are probably at right now.

You'll need to run all virus, malware, trojan scan softwares you have, and maybe a few others, to be really sure of your scans.

If you still have problems, after your scans, you may need to post a HijackThis log to the forum.

I agree. It sounds like some virus/malware is on your PC. What security programs do you use? I would do scans with those and tell us what they find.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 verner v

verner v
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

Thanks all. Did a Hijack this log and sent it. Hopefully it will turn up something. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users