Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Templates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 debw

debw

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

How do you use templates on microsoft works? I can get the template I want, but it does not tell me what to do next. Can somebody help me please. debw

Moved from the "XP" Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 08 April 2007 - 01:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

Are you using the templates that originally came with Works, or additional ones you downloaded? If the latter, this may help you:

"When you’ve downloaded the template, you will need to add it to your Works Task Launcher lists. To do this, open the file in the Works application it was created in, for example, XLR files are spreadsheets, DOC are Word, WPS are Works word processor, and WDB are database files. When the file is open, save it as a template. In the Works spreadsheet, database and word processor you do this by choosing File, Save As and click the Template button. Type a name for your template in the box (make it descriptive of what the template does) and click OK."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/872893/en-gb

The link above also outlines how to use templates in general, as does this somewhat easier to understand article:

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/ar...=7970&guid=

Hopefully this will answer your question, but if not, please reply with a more detailed question.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users