Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Xp (2002) Shortcut Bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

The office xp (2002) shortcut bar won't load on windows start up there's no option to tick. Can anyone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

Hi izzy, you could try going to Start\All Programs\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar and when you click on it, it should offer you the option to start automatically when Windows starts.

If that does not work, open any application of Office (Word, Excel etc...) and on the Help Menu, select Detect and Repair. Put a check mark in Restore My Shortcuts While Repairing and hit start. That will reset your shortcuts including the Shortcut Bar. Then go to the shortcut I mentioned earlier and set it to start with Windows startup but do not put a check mark in the box asking to not ask this question again. This way if this happens again you may use this shortcut to reset your Shortcut Bar to start with Windows, otherwise you have to repair the shortcuts again.

Edited by Ronbo, 11 January 2005 - 09:15 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:23 AM

Hi izzy, you could try going to Start\All Programs\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar and when you click on it, it should offer you the option to start automatically when Windows starts.

If that does not work, open any application of Office (Word, Excel etc...) and on the Help Menu, select Detect and Repair. Put a check mark in Restore My Shortcuts While Repairing and hit start. That will reset your shortcuts including the Shortcut Bar. Then go to the shortcut I mentioned earlier and set it to start with Windows startup but do not put a check mark in the box asking to not ask this question again. This way if this happens again you may use this shortcut to reset your Shortcut Bar to start with Windows, otherwise you have to repair the shortcuts again.

I tried the detect and repair, clicked on shortcut bar, but the option just not there like in office 2000. could i use office 2000 shortcut bar on the xp 2002 version instead

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

I tried installing the Office 2000 SHortcut bar on the Office Xp and it worked, now it loads on windows startup.

Edited by Izzy, 13 January 2005 - 03:32 PM.

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:55 PM

i tried detect and repair but maybe the file was missing. I ended up using the office 2000 shirtcut bar. I installed it only and not anything else it works too. loads on startup now.

With The Office XP Programs

Word XP opens slower than Excel, Outlook, POwerPoint, Access, FrontPage, Publisher, Binder which open instantly, Word take 3 seconds, anything Wrong or just word have more to load than he others?

Anyone know why my Office XP is already Activated when i installed it?
i thought when install Office Xp you have to actiate it (Just like Office 2003).
I got it from E-bay. It was just the cd and a product key in one of those paper packets with a round clear bit on one side with the sticker with product key.
I don't like office 2003 much, as it not that much different to XP.

Edited by Izzy, 13 January 2005 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users