Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shropwhite

shropwhite

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:15 AM

i got rid of incredimail and i have gone back to outlook express.i tried to open an account and this comes up The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '`pop3`', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D anybody help please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

Doublecheck to make sure that all the information for the OE account has been entered correctly by verifying it against the information for setting up a POP E-mail account in OE by the E-mail provider.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:38 AM

Doublecheck to make sure that all the information for the OE account has been entered correctly by verifying it against the information for setting up a POP E-mail account in OE by the E-mail provider.
Regards,
John

Error Number: 0x800CCC0D:
One of the email server names in your account settings is incorrect. Do what jgweed suggested and check the incoming and outgoing servers. Also make sure you used . instead of , and make sure everything is spelled correctly.

Click on OE to open it. After you get the error message, does OE actually open up?
If so, click on TOOL/Accounts/Mail tab.
Highlight the account.
Properties on the right side of the box.
Check all your settings for each tab.
Make sure to click APPLY when you finish so the changes will be saved.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 April 2007 - 09:51 AM.

#4 shropwhite

shropwhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

:thumbsup: thankyou both for your help i will give it a try now im back of my short break

#5 shropwhite

shropwhite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

:thumbsup: thankyou again all working now :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users