Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Watch News On Net Anymore, Why?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cashcarstar

Cashcarstar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:00 AM

I used to be able to watch news videos from CNN, BBC, MSNBC, etc, but now the videos won't play/load. MSNBC says "Sorry, the video you have selected is unavailable" or something like that. And it's the same with all other news websites. Watching things with Windows Media Player, like email attachments, is fine, and youtube works, but not the sites I have mentioned above.

Recently, I've had trouble with the computer, and I've changed a few settings, used cc cleanup and a few other recomended programs... think I must have turned something off or installed a program that is blocking me from watching these videos. But, I can't work it out, or fix the problem.

Can someone help,
Thanks,
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Those sites use windows media player through active x to stream within a browser so you don't have to download the video and for some reason it doesn't want to stream. I just had the same problem. I had wmp version 9 and all I did to get it to work was go to control panel, add remove, windows components, uncheck windows media player, and click ok. Then download a fresh copy of media player and viola, worked for me! Good luck.

P.S. When loading up a video in your browser, right click it and click on errors and put what it says in here. Mine said could not connect or some bs like that, just make sure it's not a different error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users