Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Http;//asafetylist.com/

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hibityhupla

hibityhupla

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Hello, i'm about half retarde when it comes to computers so bear with me.....Today when i turned the computer on i got asafetylist.com showing up as my homepage. I tried to do a virus scan with windows live onecare and it said i was ok.....but the page that comes on says i need virus software and my computer is vunerable.....but it doesn't say I have a virus?? I guess my question is am I infected or is there a way to get rid of this webpage? Anything would help, the last time I had a computer was 15 years ago so I'm lost...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:41 AM

Try this removal guide
How To Remove Spydawn (removal Instructions)

#3 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:56 AM

Do not ever believe in things like that. All websites that have hijacked your homepage and directed into another which is telling you your computer is vulnerable to virus... etc, are fake.
They are often a virus themselves.

#4 hibityhupla

hibityhupla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

I don't know if what I did was right but I got impatient and erased everything on my computer and started over. Does that mean everything should be cool now????????????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users