Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:02 PM

Just downloaded Firefox 2. When I go to Bleeping Computer; (or any other site) and some one post another site to help with a problem, I click on it and it opens a new page. When I close the new page it closes all pages and also Firefox. I have went to the Firefox help and it's no help.
I have XP-PRO-SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

There may be a corruption somewhere within the file you downloaded.

Download Firefox again then uninstall Firefox, reboot, then reinstall it again. Hopefully that'll fix it.

Post back the results.

#3 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

There's an option in FireFox that opens a new tab instead of a window if you click on a link:
Posted Image

Edited by idk, 07 April 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for your quick replies. I just got done trying what Walkman suggested and no help. I have also checked open new tab and unchecked it with no help. I have run Spybot and Ad ware and found nothing. I have also run a full scan with Kaspersky 6.0 and found nothing.It's got to be some simple little setting; well it will be simple when I or some one on this site finds it. Lots of smart people here. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

If you have multiple tabs open, and you close all of them(perhaps by mistake), then that will close the Firefox session.

Tools/ Options/Tabs. Be sure "warm me when closing multiple tabs" is checked. This will at least give you a warning.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

THANKS for your reply. Yes I have done that. It does tell me it's going to shut down all the tabs; but it doesn't give me a way not to shut all down. I.E.
I'm on B/C and another member post a web site for M/S to solve another members problem and I go there, when I close M/S page it closes Firefox.

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:40 PM

:thumbsup: I got it. Tools, options,tab, checked open in new window and unchecked open in new tab, and checked the next three. Seems to do the job.
Thank you all for all your help. Happy Easter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users