Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rtl Driver Going Down

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Stefke

Stefke

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

Hello
Im concerned about my computer.Apparently my RTL driver keeps going down(i have no idea what the hell is a RTL driver).It would appear sometimes in a message-unable to start hmampp03.exe(or something,i am not sure).Now this doesnt happen often,but today it happened again while my screensaver was on,but what was even stranger is that after a minute it appeared again 3 times in a row,then my true vector protection service for my zone alarm went down!(in other words-my firewall was dead).
Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

I'm not sure if this is the RealTek problem spoken about in other posts - but try this fix to see if it gets rid of the errors: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

i downloaded that just now i think.i dont know if it is working,since it was just 2h ago

#4 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

problem persists
Here is the full error message
Unable to start driver for hppapml0.exe(hppapml0.exe)
Also i would like to note that this happens suddenly,not when i startup the system

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

The hppapml0.exe belongs to something from HP (HP PML driver). I'd suggest uninstalling that, then reinstalling it to see if it works.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

i dont know how to do that,can you explain that part to me?

#7 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

hello?
:thumbsup:
i could really use some help on this one

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

What device do you have hooked up to your computer that is made by HP? More often than not, it's a printer. Go to the Control Panel> Add/Remove programs, and uninstall it. Unplug the printer and reboot and see if the problem persist. If not, reinstall it according to HP's directions
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

erm....yes i have a printer and drivers for it,but it isnt hooked up at the moment.i will try this though

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:49 AM

erm....yes i have a printer and drivers for it,but it isnt hooked up at the moment.i will try this though

Was it hooked up before?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#11 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

yes it was

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

Go to control panel> add/remove programs, and see if the software for the HP printer is still listed. If it is, boot into safemode, by restarting the computer and tapping the F8 key. Then remove the software that was listed in add/remove programs.
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 03 May 2007 - 05:44 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:00 AM

I recall from another thread that there was an update available for the PML driver recently that fixed problems with it. Search won't let me locate it - but I believe it was in the XP forums.

Also, RTL usually refers to the RealTek audio drivers - is your sound working OK?

#14 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

I recall from another thread that there was an update available for the PML driver recently that fixed problems with it. Search won't let me locate it - but I believe it was in the XP forums.

Also, RTL usually refers to the RealTek audio drivers - is your sound working OK?

It does when its working,when it aint,the whole comp slows down,i cant hear the sounds,but whats stranger,the TrueVector protection on my Zone Alarm shuts down!

#15 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:57 PM

any advice on this one,or should i try pressing random buttons? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users