Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systime.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robtarget

robtarget

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

The computer is a Hewlett Packard running windows 98 I downloaded PC sd4setup (the one for 98) but it times out when I tried to run it. Error spydoctor windows must close sorry blah blah blah.
1. rebooted then it just said not responding used task manager to end program cpu restarted opened in safe mode.
2. logged on to the internet hoping to keep 213.159.117.134 busy this time program screen came up and said loading database but it time out after 15 min.
3. reinstalled sd4setup still gave error did not click on close window, and tried to right click and open program then it gave me a fatal run time error then blue screen and I had to power down restarted restored active desktop then gave up.
Any ideas? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hi robtarget,
These are the removal instructions for Systime.exe.
However, I recommend that you post a Hijack Log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum and let our trained experts guide you thru' the process.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 robtarget

robtarget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Thanks TMacK
I used those instructions the problem was step #3 the program never started, but I will try your other suggestion and try Highjackthis.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Were you not able to run a Hijack Log?
If you can, may I suggest that you edit your post in the HijackThis Forum and attach a Hijack Log.
If you add another post the existing Thread, it be considered "bumping" and your log you will be pushed back in line due to the new date of your bump.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 robtarget

robtarget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

Yes just learned of the double posting rule oh well I need to learn about this highjack log and how to run it anyway thanks for the information.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Your post to the HijackThis Forum was moved because it did not have a Hijack Log attached to it and then it ended up looking like a double post.

Have a read thru and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log ,then generate a Hijack log and include it with a new post to the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users