Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Psu Causes Two-tone Siren

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meran

Meran

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

I am attempting to upgrade my PSU to the new 1000W OCZ ProXStream power supply. With the old setup I would get the NVIDIA sentinel pop-up about not enough power to the GPU x340234872349880923409 so I figured now would be a good time to upgrade.

The rig is as follows:
ABIT AN8 SLI
GF 8800 GTX
2gb RAM
AMD FX-57
WD Raptor 75GB
Creative Audigy 2

With the old PSU the CPU temp is ~ 50C and with the new one it jumps to ~80C, which triggers the warning siren. I have been able to get it to boot with the new PSU a few times, but it won't always.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Recheck ALL you power connections and make sure the CPU fan is indeed running
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Meran

Meran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

Went over all the connections; the BIOS says the fan is running at ~2800 RPMs, and it does seem to be spinning inside the case. I even unscrewed the fan and cleaned the grill of the heatsink and the fan, still no go. Which is completely weird because its fine with the other PSU.

#4 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

Hi,
This is obvious, but is the copper touching the CPU, or is there a gap in-between?

#5 Meran

Meran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

I'll check when I get the opportunity to ~ Is there a good way to check this short of taking everything out of the case?

I would guess that its touching since it doesn't get hot with the other PSU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users