Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Can't Access Sonic Digital Media

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kimgeni

kimgeni

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

Hey

yesterday I tried to open Sonic Digital Media, but instead I got this message:

"Windows can't access this unit, path or file. Perhaps you don't have the rights to access this object."

Above this is the path: C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Sonic Shared\Sonic Sentral\Main\Mediahub.exe

(Programfiler=programfiles, fellesfiler=common files)

I run Windows XP Home SP2, and according to Kaspersky WebScan I've got build 2600.

I've tried to follow the path manually, but when I double click the Mediahub.exe the same window pops up.

I can't remember when I used Sonic last time, so I don't know what may havce caused this problem. However I have run some new programs latley. ComboFix, Kaspersky WebScan and Ace Utilites's shredder function (But I'm sure I haven't shredded Sonic, just a couple of mp3s and avi files to test it). And I've downloaded a Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications update I haven't instaled.
This is all the programs I can think of.

I've got some problems with a couple of worms/viruses/trojans latley. Could they cause such problems?
Here's the link if you want to look at the problems, which aren't solved yet.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87048/infected-with-rdll-backdoor/

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Kimgeni

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:17 AM

I would try re-installing Sonic Digital Media. However, I would wait until after your virus problems are sorted to do this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 kimgeni

kimgeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

OK, I'll try that, but I think it was preinstaled, so I'll have to contact my PC producer. It may take a couple of days. I can't understand why it woun't work, it can just happen for no reason can it?

Thanks.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

Like Budapest said, wait until your malware problem is solved. There are many alternative programs to Sonic's. some free some not
Mark

You can go to Dell's site and click Support, Enter you machine # and click "downloads" and get you sonic stuff

Edited by garmanma, 07 April 2007 - 04:27 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users