Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloaded A Theme, Now I Can't Get Rid Of It...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FalconXR6

FalconXR6

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:16 AM

Howdy.

I downloaded a PSP theme a week ago and installed it on my laptop.

I've tried to delete it, however, the when I shutdown the lappy, the PSP screen pops up.

That isn't tooooo much of a problem. The real problem is when I start up the computer it asks me to "restore windows XP" and some other option (???) before it will start.

Also, I have tried to run the "error checking" tool, but since the instalation of this PSP theme, it will not run.

Help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FalconXR6

FalconXR6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

Sorry, I should have introduced myself first...

I'm Gary. I live in Tasmania, Australia and no, there aren't creatures that spin extreemly fast, while clearing out forests... :thumbsup:

I LOVE Ford and am completely obsessed with the Ford Falcon.

Cheers,

Gary.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

I like the Falcon too. I had a '63 model Falcon when I was in high school.
Have you tried System Restore to the point before you installed the software?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 FalconXR6

FalconXR6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

Are you American?

Have you seen the F6 Typhoon and GT from Ford Performance Vehicles? VERY sweet cars mate.

No, I haven't tried system restore. It scares me. I don't want to use it in case it wipes files I don't want it to wipe. Also, I've turned the auto restore point thing off becuase I read somewhere it will help speed up my computer.

I've tried searching files (hidden), uninstalling programs, running spyware programs, everything, but I just can't seem to get this PSP thing off my computer.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

Are you American?

Yes I am American

Have you seen the F6 Typhoon and GT from Ford Performance Vehicles? VERY sweet cars mate.

Not yet. I'll look them up

No, I haven't tried system restore. It scares me. I don't want to use it in case it wipes files I don't want it to wipe. Also, I've turned the auto restore point thing off becuase I read somewhere it will help speed up my computer.

Hmm.. that is a mistake. Disabling does not improve your system performance. In fact all you do by disabling system restore is position yourself for a clean install if it all goes bad. I use a program call Spybot to scan my system every night and create a fresh restore point. It is very handy if you install software and you need to reverse the effects. System Restore only effect the information from when the restore point was create to the time you use it.

I've tried searching files (hidden), uninstalling programs, running spyware programs, everything, but I just can't seem to get this PSP thing off my computer.

That is not good. What is the information you have about that "PSP thing"? Check the Event Viewer listed in the Administrative Tools. Administrative Tools are located in the Control Panel

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...GGL:en%26sa%3DN
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users