Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tekchallenged

tekchallenged

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

I have had problems with Zone Alarm and am looking for something else. Kaspersky reviews seem pretty good, but this is what Zone Alarm has put in its new version and it is interminably slow, and updates itself every hour, which slows everything else to a crawl. Does Kaspersky Internet Security do this too? Is there any support if things go wrong?
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:10 AM

I always prefer to get my AV, firewall and anti-spyware applications from different, and more focused, vendors, rather than use an all-in-one application. This seems to avoid the inevitable programming gunk involved in the mesalliance caused by acquisitions.
Here is a link to several good (and free) firewalls; I have used both Sygate and Comodo with very good results:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 tekchallenged

tekchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:31 AM

Thanks. The firewall will still work, it is just the anti-virus and anti-spyware I'll lose - it seems to me I'll have less prospect of conflicts if I stick to one thing. My primary aim is lack of fuss, the whole thing bores me witless... :thumbsup:
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users