Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikkims

mikkims

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer to BC and am beyond frustrated with my multiple failed attempts at uninstalling Norton. My problem is that I am told my version is expired. I have followed all the suggestions, in addition to REGEDIT. When I follow the directions and attempt to edit/delete the SYMNRT that is supposed to be in the SOFTWARE folder, there is nothing there to delete. Is there anything else I can do to shake loose of this program???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hello.
If you go to the Symantec Site and type into the search box"Removal Tool" you will find the correct software for removal of Norton.
Sometimes it is the only way to remove Norton.
Regards

#3 mikkims

mikkims
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

:thumbsup: SUCCESS! You are awesome!

#4 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:36 AM

Glad to be of assistance.
Thanks for replying
Philip

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:26 AM

How To Remove Your Norton Products this is a pinned subkect here.

#6 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:00 AM

Ugh.... Norton. I used to use that when I had Windows XP on my laptop. Now that I have Vista, I use a product called Computer Associates Internet Security Suite. Its a lot better than Norton ever will be!
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users