Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_com28

Chris_com28

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:16 AM

I think I may have made a post about this before, but I was unable to find it.
Anyway, my browser keeps sort of losing it's connection. It's like I'm disconnected to the Internet and it's happening a lot more. I'm still able to chat on MSN Messenger but all browser related activities are put on hold.
I posted a log of HiJackThis somewhere on here and they said it was fine. They recommended I do some other stuff (one of which was update my browser) which I done, but I still get the problem.
Any help here will be greatly apreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mindstorm

Mindstorm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

Hello!

First of, this is my first post as I'm new to this forum. I came here to search for a solution to my problem and found this thread...

I have the exact same problem! It's been like this for quite some time now, and I can't find out what's causing it. I've checked and verified all of my Internet / network settings. :thumbsup:

I've used this WinXP PC for well over a year ( I built it myself) and this connection error appeared for the first time about two months ago. The strange thing is that's sporadic. Some days or even weeks there's no problem - others are totally hopeless :flowers:

I'm running Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 behind my NAT enabled F/W, and I do regular updates for any security patches from both MS and TM. Can't say that I've been infected by a virus or spyware...

The really strange and funny thing is that my Opera browser is NOT affected when Firefox, Thunderbird or IE 7 loses it's connection, nor is any other SW that connects to the Internet affected...

Could it be some sort of worm or spy/malware that has managed to slip by my security who's causing this?

All and any help are more than welcomed!
:trumpet:

#3 Chris_com28

Chris_com28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Your problem seems very similar to mine. Though with me none of the browsers work. What's interesting is that Windows Live Messenger is also disconnecting now. I'm usually able to repair it and it usually says the problem is with the ports. Sometimes it's the gateway, but it fairly rare. I'm thinking that there must be something blocking access to the port that the browser uses. Maybe if I change the port or find some program that corrects port errors. Any advice here? I really do need this sorted as I may be starting an Internet course soon.

Edited by Chris_com28, 01 January 2008 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users