Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help With Burning Dvds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 northernlights

northernlights

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:23 AM

I would really appreciate some help, to be honest I am new at all this and i am having trouble playing the films i have burned using Nero...they play back fine in my PC but they wont play in a normal DVD player....I am sorry if this is the wrong forum...if so could you please point me in the right direction.
thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delgado

Delgado

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

I would really appreciate some help, to be honest I am new at all this and i am having trouble playing the films i have burned using Nero...they play back fine in my PC but they wont play in a normal DVD player....I am sorry if this is the wrong forum...if so could you please point me in the right direction.
thank you

Hi

Its not quite as simple as that. You have to find out in which form the film is posted in. Most films are uploaded in a form of compression to enable people to download them quicker. You need to post here the type of compression used in the films that you cant play. For instance, if its an AVI file, the film will only play in a DVD Player that supports AVI. You can convert the files into another type of compression, or you can convert it to Vob files, which all DVDs are produced in.

But if you post the details, I will try and help you more .

:thumbsup:

Delgado

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

The main thing you need to know and that's if the movie is a PAL or NTFS format, (if it's a dvd file).

1. What is the extension of the file?
2. Does it have a VIDEO_TS folder? If so, then the format is for another country, although it will play on your computer.

#4 Faz

Faz

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

Make sure you are using DVD-R discs and NOT DVD+R.

#5 lynette11

lynette11

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

do a search for convertxtodvd , i am sure you will be able to find a FREE one, use this programme to convert your movie file, Your converted movie file at the end will be in a folder named convertxtodvd , in my documents then use nero to burn to disk. . will convert most formats, and will be able to play on most dvd players, some players dont have the codecs to support these file formats, if your player is one, then maybe VCD format would be best. and as above use DVD-R disks. but CD-R disks for VCD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users