Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Application Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adamfnj

adamfnj

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:41 AM

OK, for some reason iTunes will not open. I get this: iTunes.exe - Application Error The Instruction at "0x00513c94" referenced memory at "0x0013577c". (these numbers and letters in quotes always change each time) The memory could not be "read"
Then it gives me the options

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to drbug the program

It doesn't matter which I click on, neither have any result. I have tried uninstalling the program which gives me similar errors when I run the uninstall. I have ran all kinds of virus, spyware, malware, and registry cleaners which have never produced any results. I have tried these all in safe mode as well. If anyone has any idea what the problem could be, how to go about finding out, I would greatly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:38 AM

Look in the Event Viewer located in the Administrative Tools. Administrative Tools are located in the Control Panel.
You will be looking for errors. Since this has been happening for a few days only post the lastest errors. Last day or so.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 adamfnj

adamfnj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:49 AM

Ok, i looked in that it took me to a website saying that the driver is corrupt and I need to reinstall the file. However, anytime I try to run the Uninstall or any iTunes installer, a similar error comes up. Also, I'm not sure what you want me to post.... it won't let me copy any of the information from the logs....

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

It will not allow you to copy & paste after you open the error line? I know you could not C&P the error line, but I have always been able to C&P after right clicking the error line and selecting Properties. You may have malware interfering with you Admin Tools.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 adamfnj

adamfnj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

No, all i get is a tab that says, "What's this?".... do you have any info on removing malware. I have tried so many types of spyware/virus scanners and still have the same problem.... Also I tried downloading a remover called Stopzilla, and when trying to install, I got a similar error message that I get when trying to run iTunes... I would like to remedy this without taking my computer to someone and paying them to fix it if at all possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users