Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin 54g Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

okay, I've had this router for about 1 year, and always to change the settings went to 192.168.2.1 today I go and try to access it, and everytime I try I go directly to a 404. I can still access my modem settings (192.168.0.1). I really REALLY need to access these settings, so if anyone knows please help.

Details:
Belkin 54G Wireless router
SSID: MADNET SECURED
IP: 192.168.secert.secert

PS: I reset it, but the same thing is happening :thumbsup: Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: It doesn't go to a 404 anymore, it goes to Failure to Connect to web server :flowers:

EDITX2: My default gateway is my modem not my router??? why is that????? Is that why i can't access my router settings? Also I pinged "ping 192.168.2.1" and it timed out :trumpet: also will someone respond please?

Edited by Matthew Alan, 06 April 2007 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hello? Can someone reply already?

#3 versitalbear

versitalbear

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

You may have rest the router but you may not have reset it correctly because Belkin is a bit flaky with their non volital memory that they use in their routers. Here is what you MUST do EXACTLY to get the router to rest to factory defaults.

1) close any programs and turn off the computers that are on the network.

2) with the power still on press the rest button in your Belkin router and hold it for one minute or a bit more before you release it.

3) after the router cycles threw the reboot (depending on the Belkin router you have, can take 2 to 4 minutes so just make sure you use the 4 minute time) unplug the router and wait for 4 minutes or a bit more.

4) plug the power back into your router and allow the router to reboot (again use the 4 minute time unless your sure the router has rebooted).

5) turn on one of the computers that is connected to the router and access the router via the instructions in the manual you got with the router and use the factory default user and password.

I have never taken my Belkin apart to see the type of memory they use but just momentarily pressing the reset button and not turning off the power will not rest all of the memory in the unit.

Good luck

versitalbear@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any other problems with the reset!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users