Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Program Disabled

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pat666

pat666

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hi all. I recently asked for help in the WindowsXP operating system forum concerning my inability to access the control panel. The problem is still unresolved, but has convinced me to install sp2 for Internet Explorer. This is just a little background to my present problem.

To prepare for the upgrade it was recommended that I make sure the system is free of viruses and spyware/malware. I ran AdAware and SuperAntiSpyware and removed what was found. Now PC-Cillian has somehow been disabled. It won't start when the computer starts up or when I try running it from the Start button. My guess is that I'm bugged with some little critter!

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:32 AM

Try uninstalling your anti-virus, reboot and then reinstall it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users