Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want Ie7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

I downloaded "IE7-WindowsServer2003-x64-enu", but when I open it and it starts to extract the files, right at the end, it says "update\iesetup.exe is not a valid win32 application."

So I thought maybe I downloaded the wrong one. So what version of windows xp do I have? All I know is it's windows xp. thank you.

On second thought, I've been seeing a lot of bugs and glitches with the new ie7. Not sure I want it anymore, like Vista. I'd still like to know exactly what version or whatever of windows xp I have, thanks.

Edited by solaris32, 05 April 2007 - 05:01 PM.

When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

I believe it is this one you want. It is for Windows XP SP2 x86. The one you downloaded was for Windows Server 2003 x64.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks, but I changed my mind about getting it. I'll wait a year or two till they have most of the bugs fixed. But thanks for helping anyway :thumbsup:

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:54 AM

Thanks, but I changed my mind about getting it. I'll wait a year or two till they have most of the bugs fixed. But thanks for helping anyway :thumbsup:

What bugs? I've used it since its inception and have not noticed a single bug....
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

What bugs? I've used it since its inception and have not noticed a single bug....

I forget which forums, but there's plenty of people who have posted describing bugs about ie7. I just feel like waiting now is all. And glad yours is doing fine :flowers:

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

But why wait? Just because others have reported problems with it doesn't mean you will have problems.
Install IE7 and if it does cause problems for you, it can be uninstalled.

#7 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

I appreciate you trying to get me to get ie7, I don't really want it right now. Thread closed, thanks everyone for your posts.

#8 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

IE7 is Great il tell you the features.
Built in Pop-Up Blocker (not very good though)
Phishing Filter
Tabs so you only need one IE window
A Search Bar Built in.
And even more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users