Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32:Adware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ata5

ata5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:18 AM

I have run Ad-aware, Norton, AVG, and Avast. While these identify trouble areas, each time I delete the infected files they come back. The files have "Win32:Adware" in them according to Avast. Meanwhile, I am cut off from the internet. The latest message says it needs an IP address, but updating that didn't work. What can I do? I am typing this on another compter.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:25 PM

The latest message says it needs an IP address, but updating that didn't work. What can I do? I am typing this on another compter.

Just what was the message about the IP address? Where is the message from? I need complete information as to what is occuring in order to help you.

Also, I need to know the complete name of the viruses found, and their exact locations (the full path).

Did you try quartentining them with Norton and AVG?
If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users