Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scubamel

Scubamel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi,

I realise that the guys who help us all out are volunteers and do everything on their own time and that they're really really really busy, but I think a new/better system may need to be implemented in turns of how and when logs get looked at.

My log was posted on the 30th march and still hasn't been looked at. i've also posted in the 'has it been 5 days or more' section. However since my log has been posted, there have been more than 60 new logs posted ( stopped counting at this point) and responded to. It says that logs will try to be responded to in the order they are posted so I could accept a few, but not 60. Some were even posted today and answered today. One posted even bumped his after an hour of waiting for a response. The moderator then told him not to bump posts, but then proceeded to answer it anyway. In the '5 days or more' section there are un-answered posts dating back to around the 23rd March. If I was one of those guys i'd be getting really frustrated by now.

This probably is just sour grapes from me because I seem to have been missed, but there are posts from before mine that still haven't been answered and when posts from today are being answered instead i just think you may need to re-look at your system.

thanks heaps for listening and all the great work you do.

scubamel

Edited by Scubamel, 05 April 2007 - 12:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

I'm very sorry you have waited so long scubamel. I know it is hard to wait when your computer needs help. All I can say is that there are currently over 100 open logs that need attention as of now. The Volunteers do the best they can. I have no explanation as to why your log has been skipped. Hopefully you will get a response today.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Nebon

Nebon

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

Please also remeber all this work is done by volunteers and they are not paid. If you were missed out it was probably not on purpose.

#4 Nebon

Nebon

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

There is also heavy waiting lists at other forums. Spyware info has around a 10 day waiting list.

If users knew how to protect their computers then we would not have this problem. Personally it gets me agitated with the sheer amount of infected users and that its not that they dont know how to protect their machines, but its that they cant be bothered. With the massive amount of resources provided here teaching users how to keep their machines safe, we should not have to be dealing with this.

Imagine the chaos if none of these people gave up their free time to help users?

#5 Scubamel

Scubamel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

There is also heavy waiting lists at other forums. Spyware info has around a 10 day waiting list.

And that's fine. If I had posted there and known it was a 10 day wait before I posted I would have been happy to wait the 10 days. My issue here was that posts that were posted yesterday were answered yesterday, while posts from 5 - 6 days (and even more) were not.

If users knew how to protect their computers then we would not have this problem. Personally it gets me agitated with the sheer amount of infected users and that its not that they dont know how to protect their machines, but its that they cant be bothered. With the massive amount of resources provided here teaching users how to keep their machines safe, we should not have to be dealing with this.

Imagine the chaos if none of these people gave up their free time to help users?

If you read my post nebon, you would see that I said I had an issue with spyware/malware and had managed to resolve it myself. I just wanted an expert to check over my log and answer one question about some software that was trying to install that I was unsure of.

I also acknowledged that the guys that help were volunteers in my very first sentence.

Once again, I do appreciate the help.

Scubamel

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

Hi Scubamel,

You are right. Within every organization, group or web forum, there will be situations you describe. I don't know why your log was passed by. It could have been a time issue, difficulty of malware removal issue, or just a simple oversight.

I can tell you that our moderators, admins and HJT team, listens to all comments. We collectively work to make things better for the members of the BC. Our HJT team is one of the best around. They spend hours - HOURS - trainning, and retraining. The malware world changes daily. Malware is big business. So... they aren't going to rest - but neither will we.

I see miekiemoes has reviewed your log and given you a clean report - congratulations! Well done on cleaning things up prior to your posting. I have been in your shoes and malware removal isn't easy.

Best wishes Scubamel. I hope you stick around an participate in the discussions here.

Take care
rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 Nebon

Nebon

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

If you read my post nebon, you would see that I said I had an issue with spyware/malware and had managed to resolve it myself. I just wanted an expert to check over my log and answer one question about some software that was trying to install that I was unsure of.

I was not aiming that pirticularly at yourself Scubamel. You obviously took your time and effort to use resources here to fix your problem. And you did it, well done. I am refering to users who get their machines infected several times.

#8 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

i have been infected several time and been cleaned several times some by myself and some by the great staff
on the hjt team .i have done all the steps to avoid getting infected but it still happens ,i have volunteered for
the hjt trainee program but my application was declined :flowers: (still don't no why).but back to the originl post
i am amazed at how much help and free time the staff at bc give ,and hopefully one day i will be able to give something back,i know ppeople wait sometimes but the amount of logs i see come through here in just an hour is testament to what a great job these people do ,so if the odd few get overlooked they are usually by mistake and not on purpose .

so to all the staff at bc don't change anything and keep up the good work and taking the fight back to the idiots who cause all the damage :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users