Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newegg Search (processor Cpu)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

I am searching for a CPU that is 3.0 GHz or higher for my computer. Hmm

Operating System: Windows Vista
Current Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
Motherboard:

Property Value
Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC.
Model NODUSM3 Version 1.05
Serial Number MS2C71S00205213
Chipset Vendor Nvidia Corp
Chipset Model C51 PCI Express Bridge
South Bridge MCP51 LPC Bridge

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Cpu Socket Socket AM2 [Socket AM2 ]
Processor Upgrade
Max CPU Speed 3700 MHz

System Slots 4 PCI

Memory Summary
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 4096 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Error Correction None
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 1024 MBytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

What's wrong with your current CPU?

#3 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:09 AM

I just want to upgrade it :thumbsup:, Also I'm looking for a Video Card. Would any Video Card Work for my Computer?

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

I should mention that just because a processors runs at 3 GHz doesn't necessarily make it faster than the one you have. In fact most 3 GHz processors are slower than that one. Admittedly, the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ is 3 GHz and would be faster than the one you got, but I don't know if you computer supports it. For that the model of your computer is needed.

No, any video card would not work with your computer. To know what would the computer model is still needed.

Edited by Mr Alpha, 05 April 2007 - 05:26 AM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

Model #: a1710n
Product #: RK573AA-ABA

Are you talking about this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103773

Edited by Shortyaznkid, 07 April 2007 - 01:44 PM.

#6 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

It's your money :flowers: , but you might want to wait until AMD announces its new processor line. The processor you have is of good quality, and changes are in the wind. Late April AMD announces its plans. Those plans include Video Cards as well.

Like I said, it's your $$. :thumbsup:

Salud,
bg04
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

That's the processor I'm talking about. Your machine has a free PCIe x16 slot, which means you should be able to use any PCIe x16 graphics card. Although a high-end card may need a bigger power supply.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

That particular HP model (A1710N) only comes with a 305 watt power supply, so almost any video card upgrade will need a new power supply also.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any reference to the actual processors and speeds that are known to work with this board, just the generic statement at hp (Supports AMD Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, and Sempron processors).

Tried ASUS also. No luck. I would recommend an email to hp support before purchasing this processor.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users