Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Registry Item

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Romano

Romano

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

EDIT: Thanks anyway! I think I found it....

Hey there,

I'm getting a strange file in my shared network folder. My network setup is my laptop and desktop connected to my non-wireless router which is then connected to the wall which leads to the school network.

Ad-Aware is finding a critical object called 'cmdpals32.exe'. Attempting to clean it doesn't work, so I'm posting my logfile from hijackthis to ask for help. Here it is, thanks again!

(Moderator edit: Post moved to HJT Team Forum for analysis and member help. Subsequent post was appended to the original and then deleted. jgweed)

===

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:30:53 PM, on 4/4/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Cmdpals32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\William Taylor\Desktop\GoldWave.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIEXEC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\William Taylor\Desktop\desktop\save3\EXE\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=netcache3.stevens.edu:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.1
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atl7132.exe
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadProfile] Cmdpals32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DC++] C:\Program Files\DC++\DC++.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EasyLinkAdvisor] "C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

Copied from a subsequent post:

kk.

I used hijackthis to remove the cmdpals32.exe from my WINDOWS folder. However, upon rebooting, I could not open anything in my control panel. I did a system restore and am curious as to what I should do now.

Edited by jgweed, 05 April 2007 - 05:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jurgenv

jurgenv

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

EDIT: Nevermind... :thumbsup:

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the "Scan"-tab, remove the mark at "Heuristic analysis".
  • Back at the main window, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Edited by jurgenv, 05 April 2007 - 04:27 PM.

Greets Jürgenv

Donation: Click me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users